“Our animation team is nature”
Of course your children can enjoy what the season and the day brings: strolling through the large grounds, running or romping along the winding path through the forest to the mountain stream (only water in the early and late season), building huts, making dams, tracking, rocking, etc.
Is it very hot between the olive trees? Then you can cool off under one of the fresh outdoor showers.
Under our spacious roof, in our outdoor bar, or on one of our beautiful shade seats on the terrace, we can serve on request a cold drink or a cappuccino while you admire the tops of the “Gran Sasso”.
For example, the children can gather wood with their parents in the forest and make a campfire at the bottom of the river to pop potatoes. In the scullery of the campsite you can find books (book change) and folders with all kinds of information about the region.
Maybe you have an adventurous wish list for your ultimate holiday? We are happy to help you realize your wishes, because just like every year, we will also organize various special activities in the coming season.
- Steep wall climbing at Valle d’Angri *
- After a brisk walk wild camping on the largest plateau of Europe:
de ‘Campo Imperatore’ *
- Tracking with an overnight stay in a mountain cabin at high altitude *
- Strolling in silence to finally stand face to face with the Abruzzo bear.
(see page zone) *
Oh yeah …, and did you know that…
- adventure begins, as you bump at our beautiful spot at the top of the Rocca di sotto terrain
- at the end of a day stroll along the beach you can join an Abruzzzeze meal on the terrace of the campsite? (with sufficient enthusiasm)
- you can make your own pizza with pizzaiolo Carmine, within walking distance of your tent? (with sufficient enthusiasm)*
- you can join the early morning walk on our property with Willeke and the dogs?
- a stay at Rocca di Sotto can be perfectly combined with culture sniffing in Rome at 200 km?
- if everyone is still sleeping, you can milk the sheep with Boerin Lidia, make cheese and ravioli, to enjoy all of this together later?*
- you can practice yoga on our campsite in complete peace and quiet with the help of our yoga teacher Isabel?
* With these activities you can leave the car on the campsite, because with sufficient participation you will be driven to the place of destination with a van. And besides an Italian mountain guide, Jan or Willeke is lucky to be able to interpret and enjoy the adventure with you!
But maybe you do not have a bucket list at all and you do not want anything at all, on Rocca di Sotto you can also fulfill this wish perfectly!
With this link you can download walking routes of Wikiloc.
Of course we are also open to funny and enthusiastic ideas from our guests and if possible we try to realize them.
In short, on Rocca di Sotto, the days linger on the rhythm of nature.
Everything is possible and nothing has to be done!
We do not have a swimming pool. In Farindola, about 7 km away is a public swimming pool.
The Adriatic sea is about 40 km away.